Alex S. Gawthrop
Share this page on all your favorite social networks using any of your preferred options below.
Partner / CPA
Alex Gawthrop is from Hurricane, WV and has been with the firm since graduating from Marshall University in 2010.
At the firm, Alex provides a mixture of accounting and attestation, tax, financial and consulting services, to organizations and individuals. His clients operate in a variety of industries, including legal and healthcare professionals, not-for-profit organizations, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers.
Alex is an Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor, possessing the skills to assist clients with their needs on the Intuit software, QuickBooks. Alex also servers as the chair of Somerville & Company’s Technology Committee, and handles a majority of the firms technology needs.
Presently, Alex is certified in the state of West Virginia. Alex and his wife, Jessica, are the proud parents of two boys, Parker and Grayson.
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)
- West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (WVSCPA)
- Vice President and Member of the Huntington Chapter of the WVSCPA
- Technology Committee Member of CPA Associates International
- Member of the Generation Huntington Committee of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Tax Committee of the WVSCPA
- Board Member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tri-State (BBBS)
- Chairman of the BBBS Annual Christmas Tree Sale
- President and Board Member of the Accounting Education Foundation
- Chairman and Member of the Alpha Tau Omega Theta Omicron Board of Trustees
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting (2010), Marshall University
- Master of Business Administration (2014), Morehead State University