Wade S. C. Newell
Share this page on all your favorite social networks using any of your preferred options below.
Partner / CPA / CHAE
Wade Newell is an Ashland, Ohio native who graduated from Marshall University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an emphasis in accounting.
Wade began his employment with the firm in 1999 prior to working as a controller in the hospitality industry for 12 years. Wade provides accounting, auditing, tax and consulting services to a wide range of clients. He specializes in performing audits for nonprofit and manufacturing clients (organizations) and is the Partner-in-Charge of the firm's Audit Division.
Presently, Wade is certified as a CPA in the state of West Virginia.
Wade is a member of Somerville & Company, P.L.L.C.'s Technology Committee and also provides computer and information technology consulting services to owners and managers of small to medium size organizations in the nonprofit, manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing, and the professional services industries.
Wade is certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist, having demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel. Wade is also certified and trained as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to assist clients with their needs on the Intuit software, QuickBooks.
Wade and his wife, Donna, reside in Huntington. Wade has one step-daughter, Renee, married to Paul Law, and three grandchildren, Meghan, Jake and Sydney.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Accounting and Assurance Committee of CPA Associates International, Inc.
- West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President and Board Member of the Huntington Chapter of the West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Youth Group Teacher and Treasurer for his church
- Former Accounting Instructor for the Marshall Community and Technical College (MCTC) and the Huntington Junior College of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1988), Marshall University