Barry L. Burgess
Share this page on all your favorite social networks using any of your preferred options below.
Partner / CPA
Barry Burgess has been with the firm since graduating from Marshall University in 1985.
Barry provides a blend of accounting and auditing, tax, financial and business consulting services for a variety of clients. Barry is experienced with closely-held businesses, as well as not-for-profit and governmental entities.
His clients operate in a range of industries, including manufacturing, construction, retail, real estate, and many others.
Presently, Barry is certified in the state of West Virginia. Barry and his wife, Rena, are proud parents of Blake, Lindsey and Brooke.
- Board Member and Secretary of the West Virginia Board of Accountancy
- Past Member of the Life Insurance / Disability Plans Committee and the Professional and Personal Liability Insurance (PLIP) Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (A.I.C.P.A.)
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the West Virginia Society of CPAs (2006-2007)
- Past President of the Huntington Chapter of the West Virginia Society of CPAs (1994-1995)
- Past Editorial Advisor of the Journal of Accountancy, national publication representing the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (A.I.C.P.A.) (1996)
- Past Member of Council of the A.I.C.P.A.
- Board Member and Vice President of Developmental Therapy Center (1994-present)
- Board Member and Treasurer of the Huntington Symphony Orchestra
- Board Member and Treasurer of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tri-State
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Division of Accountancy & Legal Environment in the Marshall University Lewis College of Business
- Former Accounting Instructor for the Marshall Community and Technical College (MCTC)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (1985), Marshall University